Type of employment: permanent contract
Branch: Automotive Supplier Industry / Tier 1 / Interior / Assembly
Area: San José - California - USA
Our customer is a Tier1-Automotive supplier group which headquarter is located in Germany. In total, the company has up to 20 production plants as well as various sales & engineering offices worldwide with about 4.000 employees. It supplies the biggest OEM’s with turnkey interior systems. The parts are developed, tested, manufactured and assembled by the company.
For our customer we are looking for a
Plant Manager - JIS Plant (m/f)
• Assure customer satisfaction within economic framework
• Improve plant performance in order to achieve budget values and long term objectives in respect of financial targets, quality targets and awareness, in-time-deliveries, health & safety and environment requirements and customer satisfaction (measured by P&L, balance sheet, KPI and customer satisfaction indicators)
• Identify the personnel requirements and ensure that right personnel is on board as well as that the personnel is trained, qualified and developed on short term as well as long term perspective
• Acquire or drive acquisition in new/additional business for continuous profitable growth within country/plant
• Apply legal and corporate standards
• Execute continuously benchmarking internally as well as externally
• Manage, develop, set targets and monitor department managers continuously
• Represents the plant, internally and externally (customer, 3rd party) including communication topics
• Support and apply "best practice" inside the plant
• Inform regional management in time about major issues
• Degree in mechanical engineering (or similar) or several years of experience in related business
• Experience in automotive industry, module assembly, JIS/JIT environment
• Experience in financial processes / budgeting processes
• Several years of experience in industrial engineering/production technology (or similar) and quality
• Leadership and management skills in similar areas of responsibility (Plant Manager / Head of Operations)
• Knowledge in business administration
• Knowledge of ISO TS and IATF 16949 & ISO 14001 and specific local requirements
• Knowledge in customer specific requirement
• Advanced language skills in English
• Negotiation skills
• High level of communication skills
• Self confidence
• Leadership, Social competence
• Motivation and leading of teams (team building capabilities)
Do you want to be a part of a team that produces and invests in innovative products?
We are looking forward to your spirit and your motivation to bring our customers company to the top!
Please send us your application via email. For further information or if you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact us. Your contact person is Ms. Alke Siemer.