Type of employment: permanent contract
Branch: Automotive Supplier Industry – Production – Injection Molding – Interior
Area: USA – Michigan – Detroit Area – Auburn Hills
Our customer is a Tier1-Automotive supplier group which headquarter is located in Germany. In total, the company has up to 20 production plants as well as various sales & engineering offices worldwide with about 4.000 employees. It supplies the biggest OEM’s with turnkey interior systems. The parts are developed, tested, manufactured and assembled by the company.
For our customer we are looking for a
IT Manager (m/f)
• Securing the availability of IT-Systems solution that support all business processes including:
- In time and correct reception and processing of customer JIT / JIS messages.
- Ensuring availability of all shop floor solutions including JIT/JIS systems, MES systems, ERP, WMS and all support systems.
- Ensuring availability of infrastructure that support business solutions including customer network link, LAN/WAN, VMWare, ISeries, Windows and Linux serves and office groupware solutions.
- Close collaboration with production and support areas monitoring the proper and correct execution of all systems, and ensuring the in time and correct execution of contingency plans
- Resolution of 1st level support problems and their appropriate escalation within corporate or external supports when required, including proper follow up and ensure their resolution inside expected times and managing a proper communication with all interested parts.
- Assigned tasks, process and reports have to be executed on time and in accordance with local and corporate norms and standards of the company.
- Maintain all documents, specifications and processes definition up to date within the area of responsibility
- Manage all assigned project to ensure that they deliver the promised result, inside the agreed times and terms, according to the assigned resources.
• Planning of demand in consideration of the necessary budget in accordance with the plant and regional management as well as with Corporate IT
• Contribution to global IT organization
• Securing of work, health and environmental protection within the department
• Responsible for information security at the location according to company policy
• Bachelor Degree in IT or a related field and/or at least be a professional with equivalent experience
• Experience in automotive industry
• Up to date technical knowledge in technology and systems
• Knowledge in cross cutting technologies
• Client know-how (strategies, technologies, business perspectives).
• ITIL, PMP, and e-government standard knowledge and experience is desired
• Technical knowledge in LAN, WAN and WIFI networks (Ethernet, TCP-IP / DNS / DHCP, VPN), switching and routing.
• Administration of Windows Server environments, Linux/or UNIX. (ISeries is desired)
• Production equipment (Scanner, Thermal Printer, Hand Helds)
• Infrastructure planning experience is required
• Veeam Backup or similar, SQL/DB2 o Oracle would be a plus, Nagios/Icinga/Check MK Monitoring and/or developing is a plus
• Working as analyst/ERP specialist is a plus
• Ability of working independently and reliable
• Leadership, communication skills, moderation techniques, developing talent