Type of employment: permanent contract
Branch: Automotive Supplier Industry - tier one
Area: Detroit - Michigan - USA
Our customer is a Tier1-Automotive supplier group which headquarter is located in Germany. In total, the company has up to 20 production plants as well as various sales & engineering offices worldwide with about 4.000 employees. It supplies the biggest OEM’s with turnkey interior systems. The parts are developed, tested, manufactured and assembled by the company.
For our customer we are looking for a
Plant Manager - JIS – Plant (m/f/d)
While achieving full customer satisfaction and creating quality awareness within his plant organization the plant manager has to motivate the plant team and create a good relationship to the customer. Continuously development of the performance as well as providing and realizing industrial state of the art and future strategy in the respective plant are part of the job.
• Improve plant performance in order to achieve budget values and long-term objectives in respect of financial targets, quality targets and awareness, in-time-deliveries, health & safety and environment requirements and customer satisfaction (measured by P&L, balance sheet, KPI and customer satisfaction indicators)
• Guaranteeing a successful plant (e.g. fulfilling the yearly budget and productivity improvement - measured by number of MOD / MOI / STAFF).
• Continuous improvement of processes in assembly, logistics and warehouse
• Fulfilling all internal and external short- and long-term quality targets.
• Identify the personnel requirements and ensure that right personnel is on board as well as that the personnel is trained, qualified and developed on short term as well as long term perspective
• Acquire or drive acquisition in new/additional business for continuous profitable growth within country/plant
• Apply legal and corporate standards
• Execute continuously benchmarking internally as well as externally
• Manage, develop, set targets and monitor department managers continuously
• Assure customer satisfaction within economic framework
• Represents the plant, internally and externally
• Reporting to Management
• Degree in mechanical engineering (or similar) or several years of experience in related business
• Experience in automotive industry, module assembly, JIS/JIT environment obligatory
• Experience in financial processes / budgeting processes
• Several years of experience in industrial engineering/production technology (or similar) and quality
• Leadership and management skills in similar areas of responsibility
• Knowledge in business administration
• Knowledge of ISO TS and IATF 16949 & ISO 14001 and specific local requirements
• Knowledge in customer specific requirement
• Advanced language skills in English
• Negotiation skills
• High level of communication skills
• Self confidence
• Leadership, Social competence
• Motivation and team building capabilities
Please send us your application via email. For further information or if you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact us. Your contact person is Ms. Alke Siemer.